This is just a quick post for three reasons:
1. This week has been crazier than expected.
2. My computer is spazzing out, and the keyboard and I are fighting. (Apple, do you hear me? When are you going to give me a new computer already?!)
3. I have a whole bunch of links up in my browser that I’ve been meaning to share, and I need to share them before all of the open windows drive me crazy.
First, here’s a card I made for my boyfriend, Matt, a month ago. It’s our “official two month anniversary” today, so I thought I would share the card I made for him last month for when we went out to dinner to celebrate. We’ve actually been dating for several months, but this is our “official” count. I’m a girl, and I make things complicated. Haha.
It’s a little 4 by 3 card (or might be just half the size of a standard card… now honestly I just can’t remember), and I played around with some then-new distress inks.
Supplies: Cardstock- PTI (white and kraft), Stamp- American Crafts, Embossing Folder- Provo Craft, Die Cut Machine- Big Shot by Sizzix, Corner Rounder- WRMK, Ribbon- May Arts (via Practicing Creativity), Ink- Tsukineko (Black Memento) and Ranger (Distress ink- Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door).
Now here are some links to keep you inspired for the next couple days:
1. I need to make this blanket. Now. This cathedral window pattern is absolutely gorgeous, and my mom says it’s actually really fun to quilt.
2. This mermaid stamp by C.C. Designs is so adorable. Too cute!
3. These freebies are going to be fun to play around with in photoshop. Love free actions!
4. Have you heard about this new pencil from Sharpie? I can’t wait to try this out. Pencil that writes like a pen? I’m there.
5. These Basic Grey classes led by Kristina Werner look pretty interesting. I can’t wait for a free afternoon to sit down and learn a little more about digi scrapping.
6. Speaking of Digi scrapping, I highly recommend the latest episode of the Paperclipping Digi Show. I haven’t ever really digi scrapbooked, but this show is showing me ways that it would fit well into my lifestyle.
7. Copics. I am enamored with Copics, and I’m going to order more as soon as I sit down and figure out what colors I would like to have next. These things are awesome! I’ve also heard a lot of good things about Ellen Hutson’s store, so I think I’ll make my next Copic order through them.
8. Nichol Magouirk has mentioned TasteBook, the recipe book making website, in the last couple weeks, and I’m really interested in making my own book. I love that you can order recipe pages separately, too.
9. This stationery is funny. And clever. And I wish I thought of it first. (Especially the mustaches poster. Genius.)
10. I’m in love with this card by Heather Maria. I think I need to get reacquainted with my sewing machine…
That’s all for tonight. I have to go throw my computer off my roof…