Hello hello! Sorry again that this post is going up late in the week. The video has been done since Sunday evening, but I’m just now getting the chance to post it. Woah! This week has been a whirlwind with class finishing up (a.k.a. everything ever is due), and I’m just barely hanging on here. Thankfully, I’m officially done with everything stats as of today and will be done with ceramics tomorrow night. Then I’m home free except for some schedule arranging for the fall. Yay! I can’t wait. I think I’m going to have a few drinks with friends tonight to celebrate. Summer rocks that way. ;)
Anyways, the card for this week is one of my new favorites. It’s practically a one-layer card, but the coloring really makes it pop. Here’s what we’re making this week:
You’ll see what colors I use and how I use them in the video, but you can also click on them below the video in the linky supply list. :) How about those Penny Black stamps? I’m loving them lately!
Supplies used on this card:
Also, I wanted to share some fun things that you may just want to check out.
1. DeNami Design is doing a big giveaway over on their facebook page for reaching 2500 fans. Make sure to hop over there and leave a comment on the giveaway picture to be entered to win the awesome prize pack! (You can also yourself as a fan if you haven’t already.) Pssst… you may also find a coupon code over on the blog if you want to place an order soon. Save some money of some cute little chickies so you can spend it on other things like buttons and sentiments!
2. Marie and I have cooked something up and are going to make an announcement regarding Young Crafters Unite on Friday this week! The announcement will go up around noon my time (central US time) and you can check it out then. In the meantime, make sure to add the YCU blog to your reader or sign up for e-mail updates on the right-hand side of the page. You’re not going to want to miss this!
3. In case you didn’t know, I have a facebook fan page! Go over there and “like” and comment on my giveaway post over there and you’ll be entered to win a little set of goodies (some of my favorite things). Feel free to spread the word; the comments will close August 10th at 11:59 CDT. :)
4. While we’re on the subject of following, have you checked out Pinterest yet? When I go through my favorite blogs and websites, I pin things that I like and want to share. If you’re looking for a little inspiration, this place is AMAZING. Head on over there and you can follow me along with a lot of other creative people.
5. (Last thing, I promise!) My wonderful mom and dad came to visit me this weekend, and I talked my mom into doing a special for my blog readers in her etsy store. She has new e-reader cases, cute bags and aprons, and I helped her pick out some more fabric for cute bags this weekend. Make sure you check out her shop Heart in Hand Bags and use the code happyaugust for free shipping on any purchase. And make sure you check out the shop later this week for her brand new style of bag with the fabrics I helped her pick out. You’re going to love them!
It’s time for me to go dash off to my next chore (prepping for a potluck tomorrow with mini sandwiches) and getting a card or two made, but I hope this gives you a bit to chew on until my next post tomorrow. :) Thanks so much for stopping by today and for all of your sweet comments recently. They mean so much to me! You rock.