Okay, so today’s post is going to be super random because my mind is feeling massively overwhelmed with everything. I have so many ideas floating around… things I need to do, things I want to do, and things that I definitely don’t want to do but have to do. Like yell at the maitenence guy to fix our dishwasher. Again. For the third time. (Last time, apparently he “didn’t see anything wrong.” Um – it floods our kitchen when you run it. I think that’s a problem!) So yeah, my brain is firing at like 80 miles per hour, and I thought I would let you take a little peak into what this is like. Ha. So in a somewhat random, trying-to-be-organized list format, here we go:
1. I need to get my hair done soon. It’s been almost four months since my last color and cut. Oops. But I don’t want to stay just the same color brown (and I’m a natural blonde, if you didn’t know), I want something spunky but still tasteful. So I’ve ended up at super dark red/purple. Something like this:
(source) Notice how the model is incredibly pale. Well so am I, so this is a necessary comparison. Ha. This is something I love, too:
(source) Yeah, I’m a fan of this. What do you think? My mother will flip out about the “unnatural” color, but it only took her three years for her to admit to me that she actually likes my nose ring. She’ll be okay.
2. I’ve been invited to be a (cute) boy’s +1 at a wedding in the fall, so I need to find a cute dress to wear. I’m convinced that nothing I own is fall-ish or new enough. Ha. (Plus, I’ll take any excuse I can get to go shopping for a new outfit.) The wedding will be casual and in a relatively unpopulated area of Wisconsin, so I don’t want to be too “out there.” Here are a couple of options I’m thinking – hoping to stay in the 5o to 75 dollar range.
(Baily Jo Polka Dot Pencil Skirt from Ruche) plus a white blouse and colored tights
(Meeting Before Dark Lace Dress in Jasmine from Ruche)
So if you have any suggestions or have seen something recently that you think I might like, feel free to link me up in the comments! I also just found this awesome website, ShopStyle.com, that I’m probably going to spend hours on now. You can see all sorts of clothes from different stores and narrow them down by all sorts of tags. Ohh!
3. I’m currently listening a bunch of Weezer songs on repeat because I get to go see them in concert tomorrow at the Minnesota State Fair. Exciting! I’ve never been a huge listener of them, but I’ve been getting really into them since I found out I was going to the concert. Haha!
My Favorite Weezer Album – The Blue Album (1994) (source) Oh, and you can expect to see several pictures from the fair. The lighting and sight are always the best there. I’m planning on brining my slr or capture some moments. Maybe I’ll introduce you to my date someday soon. :)
4. As of yesterday, I’m officially a published crafter! I was contacted by the lovely people at Papercraft Inspirations several months ago, and they asked me to write an article all about Distress Inks. Of course I said yes, and I can’t believe it’s actually in print now! I don’t have my hard copy yet, but it’s on its way to me… along with like 3 more copies to give to my parents and to show off to relatives and prospective employers. Haha. If you wish to order a copy, you can purchase the October 2011 issue here. The Papercraft Inspirations blog is featuring my article (!!!) over the past two days. Here are peaks:
Fab Flower Card <- click here to go to the blog post!
Distress Inks on a scrapbook page <- This is my bonus piece I did, and to be honest, it’s my favorite of all the projects. There are so many touches and techniques that make me so happy here! The blog features a full step-by-step tutorial. :)
I hope you’ll check out those posts and maybe even pick up a copy. I’m so honored and excited to be featured, and I hope this is only the start of what’s to come! Thank YOU for all of your support and loveliness. Each comment, like, retweet, and link back to me makes me so happy and means the world to me.
5. Monday will be my 52nd Video Tutorial Monday. Wow, one year! This next week will be normal (especially since I’ll be busy preparing to start class the very next day), but look for a HUGE giveaway post the next week (on the 12th), a couple little changes and some more fun things. You’re not going to want to miss what I have in store! I’ve been collecting things slowly, and you’re going to love it. Hint: there will be lots and lots of things I’ve purchased from Simon Says Stamp. ;)
6. Tomorrow is a really big day for a company that I’m really thrilled and honored to work with. I’ll have a post more about that tomorrow. :)
7. Here’s a card that I haven’t shared yet. I hope this inspires you to sit down and craft today. When I get home from work, all I’m doing tonight is cleaning, organizing and then PLAYING with my new crafting goodies. I. Can’t. Wait.
I used a punch from HSN, but you could use any Martha Stewart Punch All Over the Page punch (view Simon Says’s selection here).
8. Totally sorry that this post is turning into the freaking Iliad, but I can’t help sharing one more thing… a picture of Trixie in my room. She loves to sit with her head looking through the blinds from the corner of my bed, and I caught her sleeping on lookout duty the other day. I can’t imagine that this would be comfortable, but, well… it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve questioned her logic. Ha.
I know, adorable. Okay, brain outpouring over. Hope you enjoyed it! See you tomorrow. <3