Hello there! I feel like I need to reintroduce myself…
Hi, my name is Britta. I’m a 21-year-old college student that doesn’t get enough sleep and requires caffeine to function. I like to make stuff. Sometimes like I crawl into a hole and don’t respond to e-mails for 4 days.
Remember me yet? Okay, good! I’ve been gone for a whole week. Not sure why, but I just didn’t feel like blogging. I’ve been so busy and scatterbrained this past week that I felt like I might fall apart if I added one more thing to my plate. Hopefully you’ll forgive me and we can get back to business as usual. In interests of keeping this post from turning into a novel, I’m going to make a bulleted list of the things I have to remember to tell you today then share three projects with you. Got it? Okay. Good. :)
- Today (Wednesday the 15th) is my last day of hourly work for the University. It’s time to move on, and I’m so ready. It’s a little scary that I’ll be depending on my website and design work for income, but I’m ready. I’m ready to make the move and spend more time on tutorials and partnerships. In fact, I have a little something up my sleeve for that. I’ll get around to sharing that later when things are more finalized.
- I have some awesome (cough) flu-type deal currently. I took Monday off to rest and recoup (and answer emails), but I’m still fighting fatigue and a little bit of a temperature. No worries, Mom, I’m taking my vitamins and trying to get as much sleep as possible.
- I have a SUPER FUN announcement for you on Friday. It’s one of the reasons I’ve been working sooo hard lately, and I can’t wait to share everything with you. Any guesses as to what it may be? ;)
- Just in general, thank you. Thank you for the sweet comments and emails. Thanks for visiting my website and for sending hugs. You rock. Seriously, it means the world to me.
- I booked my flight for Spain last week. January 3rd, 2012… Spain, here I come. I hope you’re ready for me. ;)
1. Simon Says Stamp Challenge card for this week:
Here’s my card for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge that goes up today. The theme is Thanks & Thanksgiving. I made this one for my Momma for Thanksgiving. It doesn’t explicitly say “thanks,” but I think it works. The whole DT is using Hero Arts products this week. Right up my alley because I have no issues supporting that fantastic company. Woot! (I’m also working on some behind-the-scenes stuff for them right now, too. It’s so much fun seeing some of the stamps before the catalog comes out!)
Those realistic oak leaves from Hero Arts are stamped in several colors of Distress Ink (including the orange and brown from the Fall Seasonal Limited Edition Inks), and everything is topped off with those cute wood buttons. Love them!
Now make sure to head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to view the rest of the design teams’ creations and join in the challenge yourself. Just by entering, you’ll have a chance to win this fabulous prize provided to us by the lovely Heidi:
See you over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog to participate in the challenge!
2. Video Tutorial Monday from last week:
Because *someone* forgot to post about this last week. Yeah, I told you I’ve been a little busy (read: scatterbrained). Haha. There may not be a VTM for this week… but I promise my announcement on Friday will make that up to you. Promise.
Here’s the card I made… a nice and sassy one for ya!
Haha I love it! The stitching is my favorite.
3. May Arts + Creative Imaginations video tutorial:
I also had a video tutorial go up over on the May Arts blog last week or so for the Creative Imaginations blog week. Here’s the card I made:
And the close up:
And here’s the video!
Okay, so now do you remember me? HA! Thanks for being patient and understanding. I just finished a huge packaging project tonight and am glad to be on the right track for getting everything done before Thanksgiving break. I just *so* love how everything gets piled on right before break. Not…
Either way, I’m back and will be back soon to share some more inspiration for you. Friday is the big announcement of what’s to come. I hope you’re as excited as I am! Love you all so much. <3
P.S. I’ve been obsessed with Fab.com lately. It’s a daily deals type-thing that features fun designy shops every day as well as pop-up shops that stay around for longer. Check it out and you can even sign up for an account if you want. If you sign up using my link, it records it and I can earn rewards or something like that… but seriously it’s just really cool! Click through my link if you want to. :)