It’s been a while since I just sat down and wrote to update you on what’s going on. It’s about time! Here are the top 5 big things going on in my life right now:
1. I got a job!
I’ve been working on freelance and odd jobs for the last few months while going through my post-college identity crisis, but I’ve known for a while that I wanted to find a “real” job. Well, I found one. Mostly. ;) I’ve been incredibly inspired by everything wedding-related, stationery and calligraphy. I’m still working on my portfolio on those aspects, but I found a part-time gig that’s perfect for now. Starting on Sunday, I’m going to be working part time at an art supply store. It’s a perfect fit for me right now: part time, with a group of awesome people and surrounded by art and inspiration. Yay! Everything just kind of fell into place all at once.
2. I’m finally feeling inspired again.
Ever since scrapfest (aka 1000+ make and takes!), I’ve had literally no mojo. Something finally clicked into place a couple days ago, and I’m finally ready to get back at it. I’ve been sketching blog post ideas, business ideas and feeling much happier in general for the past week. And man, it feels good.
3. Leia is such a rockstar.
Because I’ve been spending a ton of time at home lately, Leia has been doing a fantastic job of keeping me constantly on my toes. I recently installed a bird feeder out on the porch and filled it with sunflower seed hearts, and now we all the get the pleasure of dozens of birds (and the occasional albino squirrel) visiting every day. We’ve even had a Blue Jay! Needless to say, the patio is Leia’s new favorite tv show.
4. My health has been up and down, but I’m feeling great right now!
I’ve been through a couple of rough weeks lately. My sleep study revealed that I have delay onset REM sleep; that’s causing me to need at least 10 hours of sleep per night (boo!). I’m in the process of switching around some of my medications in hopes that my REM will return back to normal. To be able to sleep a normal amount of time without waking up exhausted would be so AWESOME. I also threw out my back few weeks ago, but I immediately started some physical therapy, and it’s made a world of a difference. Plus, now I’m feeling great because I’m getting a work out in every day. All in all, I’m feeling really great right now – yay for a healthy road ahead!
5. I’m so inspired by everything makeup (and shopping in general!)
Lately, I’ve been compensating for bad days and lack of inspiration by diving into the world of makeup. I’ve been totally into painting my nails, eye makeup and good skincare. Here are a couple of my absolute favorite must-haves right now:
- Nails: the Julep Maven subscription is not to be missed. Not only are Julep’s polishes free of all the icky ingredients that a lot of cheap nail polishes contain. I subscribe to the bombshell style, and I couldn’t be happier. I picked up a few Christmas gifts with my last box, too! Oh, and this is my current favorite nail polish: Ignite from the new Formula X for Sephora collection. It is SEXY.
- Eyes: the months leading up to Christmas are hands down the BEST time to pick up fun sampler sets and palettes from your favorite prestige makeup brands. I recently had some store credit to spend, so I picked up the Joy to the Girls holiday palette from Too Faced. Man, it’s fantastic! I love the colors; they’re more purple and pink than what I’m used to wearing and look fantastic on my skin. (If you’re looking for a fantastic go-to neutral palette, I can’t recommend the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay enough. I use it almost every day!)
- Skin: I finally took the plunge and purchased a Clarisonic Plus [Sephora 1] [Sephora 2] [SkinStore] to add to my skin routine. I am absolutely, positively in love. Not only has it made my skin clearer (it does the BEST job of getting off all the makeup that you would normally miss with your hands), but is very programable and even can be used on my shoulders and back in the shower.
- Bonus fun: I have a (not so) secret obsession with watching QVC while working on my computer, cleaning and cooking. Today’s Special Value over there is a set of my beloved Vera Bradley bags, and I’m obsessed with this new Venetian Paisley pattern for the winter season. If you’re a Vera lover, be sure to check out this deal!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. You make me happy, and I would love if you would share what’s making you happy today. See you again soon!