So let me share some things. Pictures? I haven’t even taken that many pictures because I’m working holiday retail and 60 hours a week is making me a crazy person. Thank goodness the season will be over in three-ish weeks and then I can go back into a craft-ful hibernation.
1. I’m using this technique to make several Christmas gifts this year. You should check it out, because it’s kind of awesome. Consequently, you can buy most of these materials at Blick where I happen to have an employee discount. I think you can put those two and two together.
2. I work at Sephora now. I don’t remember if I told you that or not. But I work there. Yay! I like it a lot a lot (but I’m not committing to the word love yet because it’s still a pretty new relationship; you know how that goes), and I want to share five discoveries that make my makeup-loving face-life better. On some planet, that last sentence made sense.
- Stila Stay All Day liquid liner pen [Single] [I bought it in the Holiday Essentials Kit that is sold out online but is still around in some brick-and-mortar stores] – seriously, I’ve cried excessively (overtired + hungry + dishwasher issues) with this on, and it was still perfect. I don’t even know how that’s possible.
- Urban Decay All-Nighter makeup setting spray – spraying my face with this makes my makeup last (with the exception of lips) for at least 12 hours without smudging, budging or fading. If you wear makeup on a regular basis for more than four hours at a time, this is worth its weight in gold. BTW, the sister product, De-Slick, receives rave reviews from my coworkers with more oily skin.
- Urban Decay Lip Liner in Ozone – it’s clear lip liner. It seems like it wouldn’t do much of anything, but it works. It stops feathering, it makes your lip color stick, it makes your lip color stay and did I mention it stops lip color from feathering? If you put color on your lips, this is your new best friend.
- Sephora Lip Cream Stains, especially this one in 04 Endless Purple – in-house brands don’t have a lot of street cred on the… street, but Sephora has a fantastic in-house brand. These lip creams are the freaking best and much less expensive than other brands at the store because there’s no distributor middleman to pay.
- Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in dark brown – you probably know that I’m a natural blonde but dye my hair dark (because I like it that way), so I have to add a little color to my brows (and shape them!) to make them look like they match my hair. This pencil is the hardest, purest thing ever, and it’s SO EASY to use. The “lead” being very hard and durable makes it easy to make quick, light strokes and go darker if necessary. I’ve also heard these pencils can last people for up to a year, so don’t let the price tag scare you.
3. IT WAS LEIA’S BIRTHDAY! On the 12th, it was our one-year anniversary of adopting our sweet little Princess Leia “Pants” Batman Swiderski, and now she’s officially two years old. She still loves wet food, and she still hates her Christmas Outfit. For you only, my dear readers:
I just… I can’t even handle that face right now.
4. I’m working on a bajillion projects! Things are still happening… I think?
Please note that I have been cooking, not crafting, with the crockpot. I haven’t *quite* reached that level of crafty yet. Give me three years.
5. I’m in love with PITT Artist Pens. I rather like to type Pitt Artist Pens so it doesn’t feel like I’m yelling.
If you would like to buy them in pretty colors, you can buy them at Simon Says, Ellen Hutson or Blick. (Shopping with any of those links helps support my site, and I hope you know that I’d never link to anything or anyone I don’t absolutely loooooove or at least like a lot a lot.)
6. Thanks for being here. You are my favorite. I’m going to go pass out now. Only 52 work hours left this week! (Insert crazy eyes here.)