It’s TEN days until I graduate from college. Until I walk across that stage and get my empty diploma holder and move my tassel to the other side. Ten days until I’m done with college classes forever and can begin the next phase of my life. Ten days.
Which also means that it’s ten days until I’m yours again. Well, more properly, more like 12 days because I’m flying off to NYC 12 hours after my graduation ceremony to attend the National Stationery Show. And you better believe I’ll be covering that as much as humanly possible.
Last night, I took a break from the madness of school work (seriously, I was starting to lose my sanity, so I had to take a break) and made this art journal page. I wasn’t even really going to share it, but I liked it so much that I want to.
Here is a brief list of things that have been getting me through this crazy-I-have-so-much-to-do-that-I-can’t-do-anything-I-want-like-sleep time in my life. It’s like finals week on crack. Finals week times four times four weeks long. The pit in my stomach that tells me I won’t make it is something I try to quell every day. These are the things that help me:
1. Jake. I couldn’t do this without him. He graduated in December and I was here to help him through this time of panic, and I know understand what it’s like to be on the other side. I could not be more blessed to have such an awesome man in my life. He can talk me off the ledge like no one I’ve ever met. Above all, he just loves me. Even when I’m having a bad day or am really anxious, he’s there to listen to my crazy and tell me that everything will be okay. He puts up with my crazy. I love you, Jake. On Sunday night, we went to a nearby bar/restaurant and spent two hours drinking craft beers and talking about life. I knew this was a good idea, but I didn’t know how amazingly refreshing it would be.
2. Music. I couldn’t get through a day without listening to some music that inspires me to keep going. It pumps me up in a way I can’t describe accurately with words. It does something to my soul. My favorite album right now is Watsky’s Cardboard Castles. It’s rap. (He swears in it, so it’s not for small ears, fyi.) I can relate to him on so many levels, and so many of his songs talk about work, persistance and getting through a crappy day to get to the great ones. It speaks to my heart in a way I love. I even saw him in concert two weeks ago, and that cemented him as my favorite rap artists (and that’s not an easy feat – I love a lot of rap).
3. Audiobooks. I can’t watch television without getting crazily distracted, but I can listen to stories and still stay concentrated on my graphic design work. I’ve subscribed to Audible for almost a year and a half, and I’ve read more books in that time than in the past 5 years of my life. For real. I’m currently reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower (SO good. I’m almost mad I haven’t read it already!), and other favorites of mine lately include The Book Thief (I’ve always had an affinity for anything that takes place during WWII) and anything by John Green (I never want his books to end). You can also check out my Goodreads profile if you want to see what other books I’ve read.
4. Ordering food to go and for delivery. I tried GrubHub last night for the first time and I’m a changed woman.
5. Leia. Because she’s my cat soulmate, and I have never loved anything more than that stupid cat in my entire life. <3
6. Shopping. Because let’s be real here… I stress shop. Thankfully I have a budget, but this time is soooo dangerous for my bank account!
7. Vlogging. Because talking to a camera is actually a lot of fun, and editing the videos is a good way to see how I interact with people and what things I would like to change about myself. Did you know I never stop talking? I express emotion by talking. Who would’ve thought?! Check out my daily vlogs here - I’m keeping them up until the end of May! I’m a day behind right now, but that’s just because I’m behind on editing. No worries, I still am filming every day!
Kelly Purkey (my boss :D) and Simon Says Stamp released KP’s new products today. Check out the Limited Edition June & July Project Kit! It’s delicious.
And the rest of her stuff? Spunky, bright and totally KP. I can’t wait to make lots of Project Life pages, videos and cards including all of this fabulous stuff. Ahhh! Ten days until I can play again!
Speaking of people who employ me (although mentioning her products on my blog isn’t strictly part of my job for KP – lol!), the company I formerly interned at (the wonderful Lawn Fawn) released a bunch of new product today, too. Those puffy star stackables dies? I die. AHH! And the dogs? Perfection. Quinn’s Capital ABC’s? Come to Mama! Ohhh baby.
Thanks again for all of your love an encouragement. It means more than you’ll ever know. I love you!